Let us check out a few:
1. It helps with a risk reduction of diabetes. Scientists have linked some active ingredients in ginger with improvements in insulin and metabolism. Insulin affects and plays a big role in the control and healing of PCOS. Most medications given were for diabetic people. This was to control the insulin levels which directly affect PCOS.
2. It is an anti-inflammatory product. That reduces or prevents inflammation of body cells. Thus reducing or stopping cell damage. It may also help in protection from cancer due to its nature of stopping the cell from damage.
It can also help ease dry or asthmatic coughs due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
3. It settles feelings of nausea, upset stomach. I have experienced this many times and I rely on it for most of my light tummy problems.
4. Through research, most people who take ginger have been linked to lower cholesterol and blood sugar. As explained in point 1.
5. Ginger can definitely help you lose weight. After diagnosis weight gain crept in. You can read my PCOS story where I talk about it more. During that particular time, I started taking a glass of warm ginger drink every morning after my light exercises. In a month or two, my weight went down by 7kgs!! I felt great…..😊😊.
The herb can also be used in cooking in its fresh raw form or when dried and in a powder form.
It can be taken in drinks and beverages just like the recipe below.
A supplement that can be consumed in the tablet form. There are a lot of great options out there and all you need to do is take time to research and find the best brand of supplements that contains the components of ginger.
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you when you make a purchase. Please read my Disclaimer.Wellwoman Supplements
Let us head right to the making of this awesome ginger tea.
- Ground ginger
- Mint leaves
- Organic honey
- Put the water to boil. The amount of water to boil is determined by the quantity of ginger at hand, how strong you want the taste of ginger to be.
- Add some ginger to the boiling water and let boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mint leaves, a few of these will do. This is to give the tea a mint taste.
- Turn off the heat and cover to let the mint leaves blend with the ginger water.
- Add the organic honey you had set aside and do not add too much of it. Just a few teaspoons to sweeten the drink.
- Let cool or if you prefer you can have it hot, warm or cold.
Try not to keep it in the refrigerator for more than 3 days
and whenever you take it out of the fridge you can add a few drops of lemon
juice if desired.