This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you when you make a purchase. Please read my Disclaimer.
If you are a new, small, or upcoming blogger and you do not have a big budget for growing your blog and want to treat your blog as a business, this post is for you.
Examples of blogging resources:
- Web designing
- Promoting/Marketing your blog.
Costs a substantial amount of money.
Here are some of the blogging resources that I have used for free and you can too for a period of time and those that have been upgraded in my blogging journey! Yes, blogging is a journey that takes time and hard work to run before the profit streams in.
Note: Each bloggers’ journey is different but the principles stand. Patience, originality/creativity, and hard work are key when starting out or growing a blog. I would not recommend using free publishing platforms such as WordPress.com, Wix.com, and Blogger.
It is a business of providing access for websites, storage, and space via the world wide web.
In other words, when starting out a blog for profit self-hosting is mandatory. Using free platforms for blogging as a business will not yield the desired outcome.
WordPress and Wix.com do have paid plans if you wish to upgrade. I would recommend using WordPress.org. Moreover, you could also use their self-hosting premium plan or choose a Web hosting service that fits your budget and features.
Below is a list of Web hosting companies that you might want to look at:
- Godaddy.Com– I recommend this because it is my hosting choice and has worked well for me. It has a great customer service that’s dedicated to assisting in any issue that may arise if any. Above all, for a business person on a budget, I couldn’t let you pass out on this awesome affordable deal!
- Siteground and etc.
Once you have gone through the list above and have chosen a web hosting company, the rest is a walk in the park as most hosting companies assist with the process of installing a publishing platform like WordPress.
These are preset packages containing graphical appearance details eg. sets of colors, shapes, and graphical control elements. They are used to customize the look and style of your website.
I started out by using the WordPress free theme Twenty Seventeen. The theme was great and using it when customizing styles, colors, and look of my blog was super easy!. Free WordPress themes have been set in a way to be user friendly even for people who are not tech-savvy like me!
However, there was a downside with the free theme though, When it came to customizing it was limiting and only had a few set styles and colors. This hindered the vision for my blog and how I wanted it to look and feel.
Free themes work great when starting out or when you do not have plans for growing your blog. If you want to expand your blog and grow it, you might want to consider to upgrade versions.
The thought of upgrading got me on the path of trying out other free WordPress themes wanting to have a feel of how they work before purchasing the Pro version. I eventually landed on one that suited some of my needs!.
I found the ASTRA theme and used the free version. It is a good lightweight theme that met some of my blogging needs for some time. My blog was growing and needed more features to facilitate the growth and vision of my website.
Later on, I opted for ASTRA PRO for $41 an annual plan. If you want an awesome website/blog with minimal effort Astra is for you!. It has great premium features for customization and flexibility.
Astra Pro Features.
Some of the great customization features of this theme are:
- Ultimate header options.
- Better typography.
- Custom Layouts.
- Spacing control.
- White label.
- LifterLMS integration- This is where you get to host online classes for your students on your website. This is made great by the customizable design features of Astra pro.
- MINI AGENCY BUNDLE for $169 for all essentials you need to super-charge your favorite page builder.
- AGENCY BUNDLE for $249 a complete product bundle to grow your agency business
Moreover, all these features are more than enough to work with. I am still learning and adjusting to using some of them. You can customize your blog the way you want!
- Convert Pro is a powerful tool and an all-in-one package of features you’ll need to build a great email list and convert visitors into subscribers and customers.
Some of the sites for free web design resources are:
- Canva– You can create awesome stuff such as blog banners, Pinterest pins, Logos and headers and so much more for your website/blog.
- Yoast – For SEO(Search Engine Optimization) increases the quantity and quality of website traffic by increasing the number of times a website or web page is seen by users of the web.
Promoting/Marketing your blog.
- Pinterest–The best place to market your blog/website and gain quality traffic also the most recommended for bloggers. It is a social network that allows users to visually discover new ideas, share, and post by pinning videos and images to their Pinterest board accounts.
- Twitter etc.
Please follow me on Pinterest like and share the post.