This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you when you make a purchase. Your purchase will go a long way in supporting my blog, thank you. Please read my Disclaimer.
Hair oil recipes have evolved over many centuries. Women along with men have seen a transformation in diversity among communities in how to make products that take care of their hair. This has been made possible thanks to the internet/digital era.
People have adopted new ways and ideas from across the world with matters regarding hair. Hair means a lot to different people, we learn this from history where certain hairstyles had meanings. In today’s life, hair can be worn how one feels like to express themselves. I love the fact that hair has always been a statement of Art.
There are many great hair oil products in the market these days but I am going to be letting you in on a great hair oil recipe. It can be made right in your home with organic ingredients that can be readily found in the market.
Organic products are those that have been produced without chemical/artificial fertilizers.
- Coconut oil 250ml.
- Castor oil 50ml. Due to its thickness, it cannot be used in equal proportions to the coconut oil.
- Aloe vera medium-sized leaf –
- Recommended- preferred essential oil of your choice.
- Slice the Aloe leaf into thin pieces.
- Place the Aloe, coconut oil, and castor oil in a bowl.
- Take a pot that can fit the bowl with the ingredients, place the bowl in the pot, and add some water.
NOTE: The water level should not be halfway past the bowl. No direct heat is required.
- Place the pot with the bowl of ingredients on your heat source and turn on to medium.
- Stir the mixture in intervals until the mixture and Aloe change color that should take around 15-20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool and add your preferred essential oil in small quantities.
- Once cooled you can sieve the mixture or store the mixture in a bottle/container with the Aloe pieces inside. I would recommend leaving the Aloe pieces inside because during oiling the hair you can lightly rub your hairline and it will give you a soothing cooling effect and stimulate your hair follicles further.
Benefits of the oil:
Each ingredient has its benefit and when mixed it gives you a great effective combination of its magical powers! 😉
- Aloe vera has been known for centuries due to its healing properties. Rubbing the aloe vera into your scalp helps to repair and condition dry or damaged hair while promoting hair growth. It also soothes an itchy scalp, using aloe vera gets your hair softer, healthier, and shinier. Aloe vera contains vitamins A, C, and E thus healthy and shiny hair.
- Coconut oil is also a great moisturizer, scalp treatment prevents hair loss.
- Castor oil is a great moisturizer and its thickness feature helps in locking in moisture. It also can reduce inflammation thus a great scalp treatment for dandruff.
Get to enjoy all these benefits in one go by making the oil and applying it regularly and see the difference.
As someone who is dealing and in the healing process of PCOS, I have struggled with a receding hairline up until the time I discovered this magic oil. I highly recommend it! If you opt to buy the oils in stores take your time to research the best brand before purchasing to ensure you have the best quality.
Try the recipe and update me on the progress. Please follow me on Pinterest and tag me when you make it!